Welcome

Join the Edmonds family as they travel to Guinea, West Africa. Sent off by their local church as a support to the Jahango missions team, the Edmonds are sure to experience many adventures battling snakes, crocodiles, diseases, and more. You won't want to miss a single episode of the Guinea Pig Diaries.

Disclaimer: Reading this blog may provoke side-effects including but not limited to intensive prayer, missions fever, desires to give, and longings for the Edmonds to return.

Friday, July 13, 2012

Intro/disclaimers


     I’ve decided to compose our support letters in diary form.  There are several reasons for this:

  1.       I feel like a move like this deserves diligent diary keeping.  
  2.    I feel like this experience will be significant enough in our lives to merit a more permanent record.      
  3.    Writing our support letters in this manner will force me to keep up with the diary, and in turn I’ll have  the written accounts saved up for future use.                             
  4.       All the greats keep diaries.  One of the greatest benefits to future generations is being able to  look back and read the diaries of great, historical figures.  Their personal records seem to be of  far greater value than even their accomplishments were, simply because they show us the personal journey it took them to get there.  Though I do not claim to be a great, maybe someone, somewhere will one day benefit from looking back on my diaries, even if the only person is me.             
  5.     I hope the diary form will communicate clearly and honestly the journey we are on: the good,  the bad, and the ugly.  I believe it will also give you insight and inspiration to pray for us more regularly, and in the areas that are most needed.  I hope it also inspires you to go deeper in your faith and obedience to God, just as we believe we are doing in undertaking this new adventure.

  
   I do have to include a few disclaimers in doing this, however.  So here they are:

  DISCLAIMER #1:  This diary may at times be somewhat raw and straightforward.  I try hard, with myself and with God, to be completely honest and transparent, even unto revealing my own personal junk.  Usually this mainly happens before myself and God, so no one is surprised.  Allowing you to access my diary may reduce your respect for me.  But, it may increase it as well.  I only hope God will give you the grace and wisdom to forgive and identify with me as I process this new stage of my journey. 

DISCLAIMER #2:  I am prone to using humor.  My sense of humor is often dry, somewhat sarcastic, and can be hard to read, especially when it’s in writing.  Therefore, if there’s something you read that you don’t like, take it with a grain of salt and assume I’m just joking. 

DISCLAIMER #3:  I tend to get wordy.  It’s a secret ambition of mine to be a writer, therefore I tend to write a lot.  When I sit down to write I often get way too caught up in the writing and lose sense of time.  If you don’t have the attention span to read lengthy writings, then feel free not to read my blog.  

DISCLAIMER #4:  I’m writing from my own personal perspective, though I represent my whole family.  The views expressed in this email may or may not represent the perspective of the whole Edmonds family.  To get Jen’s side of the story (and in fact the shorter version) feel free to visit her facebook page. 

     Well,that’s it for now.  If you’ve stayed with me so far, feel free to read on.  May God bless you as you journey with us to Guinea, West Africa.
P.s.  Thank you for your support, and please keep on praying…

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the disclaimers! I am looking forward to reading many, many more entries as the adventure unfolds. Thanks for letting the rest of us participate in your adventure.

    ReplyDelete