Welcome

Join the Edmonds family as they travel to Guinea, West Africa. Sent off by their local church as a support to the Jahango missions team, the Edmonds are sure to experience many adventures battling snakes, crocodiles, diseases, and more. You won't want to miss a single episode of the Guinea Pig Diaries.

Disclaimer: Reading this blog may provoke side-effects including but not limited to intensive prayer, missions fever, desires to give, and longings for the Edmonds to return.

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Most people go on vacation to disconnet from the world.  This weekend Jen and I decided to go on vacation to reconnect to the world.  We're staying at Le Hotel Kamsar, which is really more like a motel, but it's the only hotel in town and it has a/c, hot water, and wi-fi.  So far we have had trouble with the connection but I thought I would take the chance to download some pictures.  Most of these are from a bike ride I took a coulple weekends ago.  This is the road that leads all the way up to Guinea-Bissau and then Senegal.  The people all along the way were very friendly and so excited to see a "fote", white person.  Only a couple of them asked for money or refused to have their picture taken.  Everyone else was very obliging and wanted me to print the pictures to give them to them.  My favorite is the picture of the dancing women.  They must have thought I was filming them cause they spontaneously broke out into song and dance when I asked if I could take their picture.  It's so amazing to me that this scenery and these beautiful people live just outside our back door.  Enjoy!

Teenage girls





Big Tree on Village Road




 

No comments:

Post a Comment